[mythtv-users] android sticks

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 12:57:01 UTC 2013

So the question really is, can the
> Android stick in question -- with existing Android OS with the
> existing Android player -- display ATSC or h.2whatever his capture
> device is recording on his Myth BE, via some network protocol, be it
> NFS, SMB, HTTP, myth://, or whatever.

You hit my original question on the head.  I'm not as concerned about some
application that looks exactly like mythfrontend native.  I just want to be
able to play recordings from my backend from ATSC hdhomerun recordings.  I
rarely use any features of mythtv myself other than the DVR function.  So,
while commercial skipping would be nice, not a requirement.  So, ignoring
the interface, and assume I have enough wifi bandwidth, can they stream a
720p or 1080i mpg2 ts?   So I'd be ok with upnp if that was my best option
for a UI that currently runs on android.