[mythtv-users] 0.27 experience...

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Sep 5 22:37:12 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> * On Thu Sep 05, 2013 at 10:08:10AM -0700, Karl Newman wrote:
> > Hmm... I'm using the IVTV driver, so it's MPEG2 (-TS I think; maybe -PS)
> > from a Hauppauge PVR-500. I don't know if it's variable frame rate (I
> don't
> > think so, probably just NTSC fixed rate). It used to work correctly until
>
> OK, so it's not a frame rate issue.  Does it fail right away or at random
> times or always around the same amount of time into the recording?
>
> --
> Chris

It seems to be random. Sometimes it won't flag any commercials because it
exits too soon, and sometimes it seems to get all the way through. I've had
concurrent commercial flagging disabled for a while. It detects fewer
commercials than it did in 0.24, too; not sure what happened there (is it
normal for commflagging to run at ~500-1000 fps on my Sandy Bridge i3?).
Note that I am using 0.25-fixes, so please don't spend much time on this
unless other people using supported versions are also experiencing this
issue. It's not a huge problem for us anyway, since running afterward is
very fast (just a few minutes).

Thanks,

Karl