[mythtv-users] Carbon Footprint

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 15:01:36 UTC 2013

On 09/05/2013 09:23 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> The system did not shut down, here is the log level debug status:
>
>   daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ mythshutdown -v general --loglevel debug --status
> 2013-09-05 10:11:22.482614 I  Mythshutdown: --status returned: 0
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$
> And this backend log: "http://paste.ubuntu.com/6066654/"

On the bright side, you're using the proper tools to diagnose the
problem. But you're not understanding their value. There was no
need to pastebin the above log. You should have looked at the end
especially line 16327. That explains the reason that shutdown didn't
happen. Note that the most recent run of your backend starts at line
16223. Posting From there until the end of the log allows folks
trying to help you to get directly to the problem. Sorry, pet peeve
of mine.

Maybe you don't understand exit codes. In *this* case (and typically
for shell scripts,) 0 = success and non zero = failure.

Look at either of the checklogin.sh scripts. See what exit codes they
return. Remember you can run them manually from the command line to see
the result.

As I mentioned yesterday, for testing purposes, you can just remove the
checklogin.sh script from your MythTV setup and test idle shutdown again.

--
Bill