[mythtv-users] 0.27 experience...

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Sep 5 10:16:53 UTC 2013

* On Tue Sep 03, 2013 at 11:18:08AM -0700, Karl Newman wrote:
> Does commercial flagging work when scheduled to start when the recording
> starts? In 0.25 at least (maybe it was fixed sometime later in 0.26), it
> hits end-of-file and aborts, so I have to run it after the recording has
> ended.

If this is broken for some, I'd suspect it's due to variable frame-rate
recordings.  The flagger doesn't know about EOF, it just tries to stay about
30 seconds behind real-time by sleeping a little more or less every so often.
It does this by counting frames though, so if the frame rate is not constant,
it can over-run the end of the file.  I believe it would be possible to
update the flagger to detect when it was near the end of the recorded file,
but no one has looked into this yet.

--
Chris