[mythtv-users] 0.27 experience...

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 08:54:15 UTC 2013

Andréas_Kühne wrote:
> Regarding commercial flagging, I don't think that should work at all. The commercial
> flagging process is really fast and does (on my system at least) around 80-90 fps.
> Which means that it is running 3-4 times faster than normal speed?

What I believe is supposed to happen, is that the commflagging process will block when it reaches the end of the file and wait for more data to appear. Thus, if the system is fast enough, it will commflag in real-time as the data comes in. This also means it can comflag without any extra disk I/O - the data will be in the system cache and so doesn't ned to be read in again.
I've never really paid much attention (I'm still on 0.24), but I have commflagging set to start at start of recording it is "just works". I don't have a very high power system though so even with a single low bitrate recording going on, it struggles to handle real-time commflagging.