[mythtv-users] How to dump raw EPG from SchedulesDirect

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Sep 4 01:01:54 UTC 2013

On 9/3/2013 6:55 PM, Frank Feuerbacher wrote:
> I think that Mythtv does not have the ability to use the "Descriptive
> Video Service" tag since the "CC" tag seems to be contained in a
> column in the database and I don't see any column that looks like
> "Descriptive Video Service". Still, I might be able to right a script
> to detect this myself. I want this so that I can capture the SAP
> channel during encoding with HandBrake and tag the recording so that I
> know it is there when I watch it in XBMC (or myth).

If you are using DVB, MythTV will record whatever the tuner gives it,
which should include any associated audio tracks.  Use the 'm' menu
during playback to see what tracks are available.  It will have to be a
complete track.  MythTV does not have the ability to play two tracks
simultaneously.  If you're using an analog tuner, it's going to depend
on what you have whether or not you can capture that secondary track,
but you're not going to be able to capture both at once.