[mythtv-users] Carbon Footprint

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 23:29:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/03/2013 05:30 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

>> OOPs obviously I misunderstood, after reading further into the posting
>> logs
>>
>> how-to, I realize that I don't know the path to the log you would like to
>> see, I tried a few things that were not even close. What command will
>> produce the log?
>>

> If memory serves, you're running mythbuntu and the logs are most likely
> in /var/log/mythtv. The backend log is probably mythbackend.log Note that
> it could be huge, so just look for the last occurrence of a line that looks
> similar to this: mythbackend version: master [v0.27-RC1] www.mythtv.org
> and paste it and the lines that follow.
>
> There isn't a command to dump the logs, just: cat whatEverYourLogIsNamed
>
> Replying to your follow-up, there were only 7 bytes in the file on
> launchpad.
>
> Here's a fragment of my backend log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=**
> ZESEJsMm <http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ZESEJsMm>
>
> Your's should be similar, and longer.
>

> --
> Bill

It's actually MythTV 0.25 in a Ubuntu 12.04 desktop with W7 along for the
ride in a dual boot.
When I look in the GUI I find mythbackend in /usr/bin. When I "cat
/usr/bin/mythbackend" I get copious unintelligible symbols strewn randomly
throughout the terminal with a sprinkling of words here and there. Try the
paste bin below, it is from mythbackend.log.2; there are other backend logs
too, but I thought this would be most recent:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6060730/

There is a shutdown.log too, would that be useful?

Daryl