[mythtv-users] Carbon Footprint

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 22:30:54 UTC 2013

On 09/03/2013 05:18 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> There wasn't very much there so I've included it below:
>
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ mythbackend --setverbose idle,system

> 2013-09-03 18:15:54.997254 C  mythbackend version: fixes/0.25
> [v0.25.3-49-gb5adf03] www.mythtv.org
> 2013-09-03 18:15:55.043761 I  Sent 'SET_VERBOSE idle,system' message

OK, that's my fault. After you increase the logging, you have to
let the system shutdown. Your log just proves that so far, your
logging change has been accepted. [which is a good start.]

We're looking to see what appears in the backend log when it detects
the idle condition and attempts/doesn't shut itself down.

As you can see in the lines that I left in your post, some of them are
folded and harder for folks trying to help to read. *Please* use a pastebin.
pastebin.com is a popular choice, but any will do.

I assume you know that for idle shutdown to work, your frontend can't be
running. mythshutdown -c will tell you other things that might be preventing
idle shutdown.

--
Bill