[mythtv-users] 0.27 experience...

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Tue Sep 3 19:43:59 UTC 2013

On 9/3/13 8:18 PM, Karl Newman wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Warpme <warpme at o2.pl
> <mailto:warpme at o2.pl>> wrote:
>
>     <snip>
>     Since 2 weeks so far no single issue in production environment.
>

> I'm glad you've had a good experience. Could you answer some questions
> for me? These are issues that have bothered us since upgrading to 0.25.
>
>     <snip>
>     -LiveTV is really rock-solid (albeit I still wish zapping might be
>     little faster ;-p)
>

> Did you test the interaction between LiveTV and scheduled recordings?
> Or even simpler, try pressing "Record" while watching LiveTV--does it
> continue recording when you exit back to the menu (it doesn't in 0.25
> and I think also in 0.26--it ends the recording, even if it was
> scheduled).
I used such scenario many times.
Just checked this now:
-Started LiveTV
-Pressing Rec start recording. MythWEB shows still LiveTV on this tuner.
-Exiting LiveTV keeps recording ongoing. MythWEB changes status of this
tuner from LiveTV to Recording.
-Going to GroupFilter and group "Default" shows ongoing recording.
Playing it shows ongoing progress on progress-bar
-Recording correctly ends 10min after show endtime (I have setup 10min
ext. and end of rec.)

> Does commercial flagging work when scheduled to start when the
> recording starts? In 0.25 at least (maybe it was fixed sometime later
> in 0.26), it hits end-of-file and aborts, so I have to run it after
> the recording has ended.
Sure. This however works Ok for me also in 0.26....

Regarding issues with LiveTV - I have to still check is
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11080 fixed.
Looking on commits log it seems not. I hope it is.....

br