[mythtv-users] mythtranscode exit status 132

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 3 00:15:09 UTC 2013

On 09/01/2013 02:25 AM, Ian Evans wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm one of the people using .25's mythtranscode in .26-fixes to do
> lossless transcodes. Runs fine, but today I had one file error out with:
>
> Transcode_20096 jobqueue.cpp:2087 (DoTranscodeThread) JobQueue:
> Transcode Errored: "Late Show With David Letterman": Autodetect (exit
> status 132, job status was "Starting")
>
> What's status 132?

132 is either an invalid command line (very, /very/ unlikely if this job
was started by the backend, as opposed to some script you wrote) if
MythTV is exiting with an error code or SIGILL (Illegal Instruction,
meaning your binary was compiled improperly and isn't compatible with
the CPU that's running it) if it's being killed.  You can find out which
by enabling core dumps and seeing if you get a core dump.

I'm guessing it's SIGILL.

Mike