[mythtv-users] PM-Suspend/Cron job/motherboard Woes

Captain Hook captainhookzero at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 01:54:57 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/31/2013 10:58 AM, Captain Hook wrote:
>
> > On a related note, I am trying to run mythconverg_backup.pl as a cron
> job
>
>> in my backend and am essentially having the same trouble.  My artwork
>> wasn't refreshing automatically despite what I had in the MythTV setup
>> screens, so I have added that in the crontab file and that part is working
>> fine so I know the file is being read.
>>
>> Here are the contents of my crontab file (created with "sudo crontab -e"):

>  54 11 * * * ./usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg**_backup.pl<http://mythconverg_backup.pl>
>>

> Drop the . before anything that specifies a full path name.
> That will only work if the current working directory is /.
>
> Since you're running the command as root , then the home
> directory (/root on my boxes,) must have a .mythtv
> directory (just like /home/mythtv or most likely your
> own user does.) Another option would be to run the command
> as user mythtv, then you wouldn't need to create /root/.mythtv/
> config.xml and backuprc.
>
> Personally, I store the output of the DB backup command in
> /tmp so I can look at if needed. And so it is removed at
> boot time:
>
>     /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythco**nverg_backup.pl<http://mythconverg_backup.pl>--verbose 2>&1 > /tmp/myth-backup.log
>
> I can't address metadatabackup. In 0.27-beta, it just works. No
> cron required (it's done by mythbackend's Housekeeping.)
>
> --
> Bill

You were exactly correct; removing the dot and creating the crontab file as
my own user did the trick and it works exactly as intended now.  Thanks!

Regarding metadata, I'm not really worried about that since I've addressed
it via crontab with the root user.  It is curious as to why it isn't
running by mythbackend, however.