[mythtv-users] All clear QAMs gone in Portland, OR

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 20:04:35 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> The only real pain being inflicted on the cable/phone companies is
> with "cord cutters",  the generation of younger people who are more
> than happy to torrent anything.  I don't do that, I don't endorse
> that, but it's really the only thing stopping these companies from
> getting (much) worse than they already are.

I think you may be conflating the technology (bittorrent)
with a type of copyright infringement.  While bittorrent
certainly gets a bad reputation due to its popularity
via sites like The Pirate Bay, copyright infringement
has been going on for a long time before bittorrent
(warz ftp sites), and bittorrent is a legitimate and useful
tool for moving data in certain environments.

Gary