[mythtv-users] All clear QAMs gone in Portland, OR

Bert Haskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Thu Oct 31 17:55:48 UTC 2013

On 10/31/2013 01:01 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>>      There are far cheaper ways to distract a houseguest than with some all
>> inclusive cable package where you need to subscribe to 500 of them just to
>> get the 5 you really want.
> The point I'm trying to make is that in a world without bundling, I
> don't get a 99% bill reduction for going from 500 channels to 5.  For
> a 99% loss of content, I'd be surprised if the bill dropped by more
> than 10%.
>
> Eric

Eric, I would agree with you except that without inflecting
some real pain back to the cable/phone companies we are just saying that
we are happy with the current contracted "death by a 1000 cuts" @
xxcuts/day.

The last ( pathetic )election was sort of a vindication between the big
contract companies and
that "elected officials" joke that if enough money if transfered they can
do whatever they please whenever they please.

On a recent Sunday when "60 Minutes" was delayed by a feetball thing.
the crap/content ratio from the very end of the game to the 60 Minutes
signoff was over 50%!!

" Would the last surviving members of the American middle class please
turn off the lights when leaving the building".