[mythtv-users] 0.27 - Frontend locking on Video playback

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 08:16:59 UTC 2013

On 30 October 2013 11:57, Stephen P. Villano
<stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:

> This doesn't fix the problem but helped my parents a lot:
> I enabled mythwelcome and configured the power button on their remote
> control to execute 'pkill mythfrontend' from irexec, this way whenever
> mythfrontend crashes the power button kills the frontend and they are taken
> back to mythwelcome. Its better than having to bring up a terminal each time
> :-/

why bother with mythwelcome?

I have a "restart" button on my remote control, that starts an irexec
script that kill mythfrontend and restart it...

one less step to go back into playing something.

Having said that, I haven't needed to press that button in months.