[mythtv-users] Passing XMLTV grab options to mythfilldatabase when run from mythbackend broken

Jan Hambrecht jaham at gmx.net
Wed Oct 30 07:44:16 UTC 2013

On 30.10.2013 00:57, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> There's a temporary fix in -fixes now, although I've not committed it to
> master. Using the kMSRunShell flag is is the more "proper" way to apply
> logging arguments, but the way I want to make that work should get a bit
> more testing before being pushed to -fixes.

Thanks for your swift action. Great work! Until your fix trickles down
through my distribution, I found another way to work around that
problem. After reading the source it appears that setting the full path
of mythfilldatabase in mythtv-setup prevents the housekeeper from
entering that particular if clause where the propagating of the logging
options is enabled. Thus I can manually put the logging options as part
of the grabber options. But I obviously don't want that to be a
permanent solution.

Ciao Jan