[mythtv-users] Passing XMLTV grab options to mythfilldatabase when run from mythbackend broken

jaham at gmx.net jaham at gmx.net
Tue Oct 29 23:25:46 UTC 2013

It seems like bug http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10683 has come up again.
When mythfilldatabase is run from the backend housekeeper job, logging options
are propagated from the backend and appended to the mfdb command. So they come
after the grabber options which are set in mythtv-setup and are thus being
passed to the grabber by mfdb too. The grabber does not recognize these
logging options and fails to run successfully.
Now I am unsure if I should reopen bug 10683, open a new bug or do even
nothing (from reading related bug reports it seems like it is not encouraged
to use grab options at all).
Hopefully someone more knowledgable can suggest how to proceed.

Ciao Jan