[mythtv-users] mythffmpeg stream analysis defeated, works with ffmpeg

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Oct 29 21:29:58 UTC 2013

On 29/10/13 21:00, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 30 October 2013 07:34, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
>
>> I made another similar recording today, deliberately overrunning the
>> end-of-service when the cbbc slot is taken over, AIUI, by either BBC THREE
>> or BBC FOUR. This one also failed to play with the normal frontend but, as
>> JYA suggested, it does play with the mythfrontend -O FFMPEGTS=1 switch.
>>
>> I don't know if this /is/ related to #11882.  The frontend becomes
>> unresponsive  with repeated blocks of  'Player(n): Waited 100ms for decoder
>> to pause', but it does eventually respond to Escape and puts up a 'Need to
>> switch video renderer' box.
>>

> is this happening with -O FFMPEGTS=1 only?

I've just processed the recording, using ffmpeg with my usual script -
although I do still have it and can check if you like.  With the plain
frontend it hung for a long time, but then put up that box. It plays
without obvious problems with the FFMPEG switch.  I don't have VDPAU
capable hardware.  Using nVidia 304.88. GL enabled, Paint Engine set to
Auto, Normal Playback profile.

The Channel, FWIW, morphs into BBC THREE with no audio.