[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 21:25:07 UTC 2013

On Oct 29, 2013 11:31 AM, "Jay Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
..?
> She doesn't subscribe to digital, so I'm not sure whether those channels
> would be on the cable or not.  Do *any* of the Ethernet tuners do analog
> CATV?

There are some USB tuners that will do hw encoding,
but bright house (according to reports on other lists)
apparently broadcasts both the analog and digital
versions of at least the OTAs.  The only way to check
Is likely ship something like a hdhr to the site that
can be used for remote testing(*).  There have recently
been a lot of hdhr duals showing up on the "new to
you" auction sites.  Apparently the are no longer
useful to some :-)

Gary

(*) I did that for someone I was helping.  I had an
older hdhr that I had been using in one of my dev
systems.