[mythtv-users] Way to tell BE came up after power fail?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 13:06:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 12:18 PM, stinga <stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com> wrote:
> Go find the cheapest UPS you can and never have it fail on running of juice.

I am afraid that statement is just not correct.
UPS's aren't (uninterruptable).  And cheap
ones especially so.

I have experience with the cheap small
ones and even large datacenter and
industrial units with diesel backup.  I have
seen them all fail (obviously in different
ways).  Some (especially the cheap ones)
just decided that today was a good day to
die (hard).

Now, I will agree that the failure modes and
the timing or occurrence of the events may
end up being different, but never say never,
again.

Gary