[mythtv-users] Firewire and HDHomeRun Prime to Comcast stopped working

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sat Oct 26 22:06:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Bob Shanteau <rmshant at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have you checked the logs for interesting messages?
>
> Where do I find those log files? I run MythBuntu 12.04.3.

They're typically in the folder /var/log/mythtv.  You probably want to
look at mythbackend.log, but some distributions direct this to
mythlogserver.log instead.  I don't think MythBuntu is one of them.

> What happens is that when I try to record certain HDTV channels on the DCH
> 3200 tuner through Firewire, I get an empty file. I have not found a
> workaround.

Are these channels copy protected?

You probably want to check the DCH 3200's diagnostic mode.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Configuration

Follow the instructions for "How To Check If 5C DTCP is Enabled".  If
it's enabled, MythTV can't record from it.

Eric