[mythtv-users] 0.26 BE crashing randomly

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Oct 24 13:59:25 UTC 2013

Is/was anone else having trouble with their BE falling over under .26?

I check the logs, and there's no particular common thread; sometimes -- most
of the time -- the last log entry is a housekeeping thread one; sometimes
it does run the load way up and crash, but even then, there seems to be
no entry in the log suggesting that the code got confuzzled, it's just
going along normally, and then Poof!

In a probably unrelated situation, last night, 4 sources (3 in the front
end UI plus the logs) agreed that it was recording WTVT-13 for the World
Series.

Except the actual contents of that recording, which were regular programming
on channel 8.  It even let her *manually tune* 13 on a second tuner, so
clearly (I believe), even the BE didn't really think it was recording
ch 13, even though it said so everywhere.  Grid looked fine, I think.

Cheers,
-- jra