[mythtv-users] Weekly recording

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Oct 24 13:35:23 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-02, at 12:03 AM, David Engel wrote:

>> It seems that you can not create any new "Record one showing every
>> week" rules, but any that are still in the database will still work,
>> and if you open the rule, it does show the rule as being set to
>> "Record one showing every week".  There is no filter option for
>> "weekly".  So all the old rules are still working and recording only
>> once a week, which is why no-one has noticed this before, but we are
>> unable to create any new weekly rules.
>
> It is deliberate.  In 0.27, the record weekly (and daily) options are
> not offered for normal recording rules.  This is to simplify things
> for the common cases.  The options are still available for search and
> manual recording rules.  In the OPs case, he'll probably need to
> create a custom search rule.

I just got around to trying this and am wondering how do you do handle the time? How does the scheduler know when the “first” showing is on a given day? I mean for both search and custom.

Personally I would like to see the once daily and weekly return to the normal list. Even unsophisticated users understand what once a day means* so it’s hard to say who is being protected. And the scheduler is one of the marquee features of myth so making it more like crappy cable company PVRs is a step in the wrong direction. That’s my thought anyway.

- George

* = after begin hinted the showing they’re creating the rule on indicates the start of a day/week cycle