[mythtv-users] after upgrade to v0.27, mythfilldatabase is not running on schedule anymore

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 24 13:23:27 UTC 2013

On 10/24/2013 08:50 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:

> there is a field in the db where you can plug in a log location for
> mythfilldatabase.  I will add that and what the output shows

If you look in settings, you'll find there's no setting for specifying
log location for mythfilldatabase.  You specify log location to the
program that runs mythfilldatabase (mythbackend) using the --logpath
argument, and it will run mythfilldatabase with logging enabled to the
same location.

(Note that this is why you shouldn't be just editing values in the
database, and why you should never use the MythWeb "editor" for the
MythTV settings--because the settings may not mean what you think (or
may not react how you expect), may take values you don't
know/understand, or may not even be used.  Instead, using mythtv-setup
or mythfrontend to alter settings ensures the setting is valid and the
values you specify are valid and won't break things.)

Mike