[mythtv-users] Way to tell BE came up after power fail?

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Thu Oct 24 07:38:56 UTC 2013

On 24/10/13 01:46, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM, Craig Huff<huffcslists at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> >I have discovered that my IR transceiver device instance in /dev doesn't get
>> >properly created after a power failure until the second time the system is
>> >brought up.  I'm looking for something to tell programmatically that the
>> >system came up for the first time after a power failure (or the power was
>> >shut off) as opposed to an normal shutdown and reboot from S4/S5.

In days gone by I had a need for this. The nasty way was to create a
file on shutdown and delete the file on boot up.
If the file was not there, we hadn't shutdown correctly.

I think the better solution would be to find out why your IR device does
not work, there is not a lot of difference between a boot after shutdown
and a boot after a power failure...

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\