[mythtv-users] mythepisode

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Oct 24 03:01:23 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Chad Oppliger <chadopp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Stephen P. Villano <
>> stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On 10/23/13 5:51 PM, Chad Oppliger wrote:
>>>
>>> Just wanted to take a poll to see if anyone is still using mythepisode.
>>>  It's been a while since I've made any updates and was thinking about
>>> getting active on it again.
>>>
>>>  Thanks,
>>>
>>>  Chad

>>>  My setup is relatively new, but I'm most certainly interested in
>>> mythepisode.
>>>

>> I've been playing with it lately (today, even!) and making a few changes
>> to it (for example, combining a database query to eliminate a round trip
>> and then separating the results in the PHP code). Would you accept patches?
>> I'm getting false positive subtitle matches (when using the fuzzy match) so
>> it shows a previously recorded as currently recorded and unwatched. I was
>> going to investigate using the original air date to give a better match for
>> current recordings (unfortunately that date isn't saved for previous
>> recordings). I was also looking into what it would take to move some of
>> those raw queries to use the PHP bindings instead.
>>

> I would recommend if you want to provide patches that you start with my
> trunk version.  There are about 5 or 6 patches in there that aren't part of
> the current 1.0.10 version.  You can download trunk from the mythepisode
> page.  It's up to you though.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chad

Yep, already did that, before I even started. I'll see if I can pull
together something useful. The current changes primarily focus on just
reducing the round trips to the database (I eliminated one...!), but they
may be pointless once I switch over to using the data access from the
bindings. I did notice that the "oldrecorded" table stores the season and
episode (as does the recorded table) so that may be a way to improve the
program matching as well. The problem is that there's not any one
definitive method between previous recorded, current recordings and
scheduled recordings which is consistent. Previous and current have season
& episode, and current & scheduled have original air date. I'm thinking of
using a method which checks multiple aspects (where there is valid data) to
give increased confidence in matches.

Karl