[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup freezes on some menu items

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed Oct 23 19:20:07 UTC 2013

I just upgraded to 0.27, and realized that I probably need to set a
channel icons storage group up.  However I cannot seem to open most of
the menu items in mythtv setup.  The screen just freezes.  I cannot
alt-tab to other apps, but if I hit escape enough times it seems to
exit ok.

I didn't notice anything remarkable in the mythtv-setup logs... but I
do notice it's using OpenGL, which should work fine since the frontend
doesnt seem to have issues.

I tried changing the theme, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Anyone else seen this issue... and what did you do to fix it?