[mythtv-users] Re-connecting with "lost" artwork (videos)

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Wed Oct 23 18:13:23 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 22:07 -0700, Bob Sully wrote:
> >> Hi all -
> >>
> >> Updated not too long ago from 0.25 to 0.26 (-fixes) on Ubuntu 12.04.
> >>
> >> It went relatively smoothly, but no longer displays any artwork for my
> >> videos.  The metadata is still displayed.
> >>
> >> The files are still all out there, in /video/coverart, /video/fanart,
> >> /video/banners, etc.  The directories appear to be set up correctly in
> >> mythtv-setup.
> >>
> >> Hitting "w" on each video does not bring the artwork back...and I'd
> >> hate
> >> to have to do this for each one anyway...I have hundreds of them.
> >>
> >> How do I get Myth to display the artwork properly again?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>

> > You have done a rescan in the FE Videos screen ?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Has the hostname or frontend name changed?
>
> No.
>
> > Make sure videos directories are NOT listed in the FE videos path AND
> > in
> > the BE storage groups..
> > BE storage group videos dirs must not intersect with local FE video
> > dirs.
>
> It's a BE/FE machine.  What's in Storage Groups under mythtv-setup
> matches what's in the paths under video setup.  It was set up that way
> under 0.25 and it worked fine.  If I need to delete one or the other,
> which?
>
> > There was some advice post awhile back that should do no harm YMMV..
> > - stop BE
> > - remove videos directory entries from storage groups (mythtv-setup)
> > (just the text entry in storage groups)
> > - start BE
> > - rescan in FE videos screen
> > - stop BE
> > - add video directories to storage groups..
> > - rescan in FE videos screen
>
> Thanks.  Did this per your instructions.  Unfortunately, no difference.
> I appreciate the reply, though!
>
> Bob

Most importantly it did no harm..

BE storage group videos dirs must not intersect with local FE video
dirs. (with later MythTV versions)..

I have the home/"user"/Videos for the FE Videos path (convenience).
All/any other videos locations are entered in BE storage groups..

The local FE video path is not visible to remote FE..