Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Wed Oct 23 14:13:15 UTC 2013

James Linder wrote:

> On 23/10/2013, at 8:00 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>>> If you use ssd then root partition should be much bigger than needed to give wear levelling a place to roam about.
>>
>> Any modern ssd uses all unwritten space for wear
>> leveling.  If your ssd needs room to breath (not all
>> do, see the new Intel DC S3700), simply do not
>> allocate all the space from the drive to partitions,
>> leaving free cells.
>>
>> And most modern ssds and OSs can use trim
>> (for sata, unmap for sas), to release any "free"
>> space back to the drive for wear leveling and
>> reallocation purposes.  The filesystem discard
>> option needs to be set appropriately (or defaulted
>> to).
>
> And I apologise for letting such a stupid Subject sneak into my mail

If it would be the subject only...

By replying to the Digest you break threading for everyone else. You
should subscribe to individual messages und filter them into a folder.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Anything_else_I_should_be_aware_of.3F

"Replying to digest emails is also frowned upon. Please just subscribe
and reply to individual messages. "

Thanks
Thomas