[mythtv-users] MobileMyth v.6 Released

Jon Heizer jheizer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 12:59:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Jon Heizer <jheizer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, jumping back a bit, what version of MythTV are you running?  (>=.25
> > right?)
>
> .27
>
> >  Have you been able to get to the initial settings page to enter
> > your backend information?
>
> Yes, that part worked.
>
> > If you are using the hostname, try doing it by
> > IP.  Some people have had issues with hostnames not resolving for some
> > reason.
>
> Yes, that seems to have done it.  First I just changed the backend
> IP/Hostname setting and that didn't change anything.  Then I changed
> the mythweb url to use an IP address as well and it started working.
>
> I don't have any problems using the hostname to load the mythweb page
> in a browser, so it's not a DNS problem.
>
> Eric

The mythwb url is only used for a link to the guide so that can be either
format.  It may have just not finished refreshing the backend address when
it errored for you.

I meant more not a DNS setup issue, but an apache/mod_mono/mono seems to
have issues resolving dns from an asp.net site.  I'll try to release a
minor update tonight with these changes to make it easier for people in the
future and specify IP addres for the backend.

Jon