[mythtv-users] MobileMyth v.6 Released

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Oct 23 02:40:25 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Jon Heizer <jheizer at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you do come across anything let me know.

I updated web.config to add:

           <customErrors mode="Off">^M
           </customErrors>^M

after that I was able to get a more informative error page:

Application Exception
System.NullReferenceException
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Details: Non-web exception. Exception origin (name of application or
object): App_Web_45z51uko.
Exception stack trace:
  at shows.Page_Init (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in
<filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in
<filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive (System.Web.UI.Control
namingContainer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.UI.Page.InternalProcessRequest () [0x00000] in
<filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext
context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Version Information: 3.0.6 (Debian 3.0.6+dfsg2-4); ASP.NET Version:
4.0.30319.17020

Well, I hope it's more informative.  It doesn't really tell me much.
That was going to the recordings page.  The guide, upcoming, and
status pages give:

Application Exception
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
Connection refused

Details: Non-web exception. Exception origin (name of application or
object): System.
Exception stack trace:
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.HttpWebRequest
request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

While the videos page doesn't produce an error.  It just shows white
in the center portion of the page with the navigation buttons above
and below.

Eric