[mythtv-users] after upgrade to v0.27, mythfilldatabase is not running on schedule anymore

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 20:57:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 10/22/2013 09:36 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
>

>> I have had some time to look into this a bit more.
>>
>> Mythweb tells me this:
>> Last mythfilldatabase run started on Mon Oct 21, 10:08 PM and ended on
>> Mon Oct 21, 10:08 PM. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data
>> into the Guide for 1 of 2 sources. This can indicate a potential grabber
>> failure.
>>

> This is a meaningless warning that should just be removed.
>

>> Source 2 was setup in Mythtv 0.26 and ran fine.  After upgrade to 0.27,
>> this stopped working.  If run mythfilldatabase manually or enter
>> mythtv-setup and exit and prompted to run mythfilldatabase it run
>> successfully.
>>
>> Could there be something in this No Grabber setup (the db has the grabber
>> set to /bin/true when I look there)?
>>

> Because it only looks to see what has new data and doesn't consider any of
> the multitude of why's, such as the fact that the source isn't supposed to
> get new data.
>
> As for your original question: http://www.gossamer-threads.**
> com/lists/mythtv/users/555721#**555721<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/555721#555721>
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike,

However, I think my original question is wrong now.  From my log entries,
it looks to be running and the backend seems to think it is successful.
 However, nothing new ever gets inserted/updated when run from the
mythtv-backend process.

Running stand alone works fine.  Is there some extra logging i can enable
to try and find some output that is showing the failure?

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>