[mythtv-users] dvb-s changing satellite problems

Johan Reinalda johan at global.thunderbird.edu
Mon Oct 21 22:20:33 UTC 2013

All,
The one dvb-s FTA channel that I watch is moving to another satellite.
(from SES-1 to SatMex-6).
I have re-aimed the dish. I stoped the backend, and reconfigured
mythtv-setup with the new Transport information.

A mythtv-setup channel scan of the new transport frequency finds the 6 or
so channels on the transponder just fine. However, when I now try to record
from the front end (after restarting the backend and frontend), I get a
time-out on tuning the channel...

Any ideas what may be going on ? I had to do the same about 3-4 years ago,
and did not have any problems then... What am I missing ?

(fyi, my card is a TT-Budget/WinTV-Nova pci dvb-s card, runnign with mythtv
0.24.3; yes old, but ultra-stable with all the features I need)

Thanks,

Johan