[mythtv-users] CEC with KDL32EX600 TV

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 22:08:43 UTC 2013

2013/10/21  <mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk>:

> Quoting Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello, I can not compile it, I have this error message:
>> http://paste.debian.net/plain/58836
>>
>> I have installed libcec1, libcec1-dev and libcec2 packages in a Debian
>> Whhezy.
>>
>> Could someone help installing libcec-daemon?
>>

> I think you may have a mixture of versions of libcec that is not helping.
> Where did you get libcec2 from? It's not in Wheezy, it's in experimental.
> Might be best to get rid of all your libcec's and the -devs then get
> libcec-dev and libcec2 from the same place and try again.
>
> I got mine from github and compile the debs myself. They provide a
> debian/rules file so all you have to do is run
> "make -f debian/rules binary" from the top level and out pops the debs.
> (That assumes you have the build-deps sorted but that's not too hard).
>
> Cheers,
> Tim.

Hello Tim, I am using deb-multimedia repository.

Do you have libcec-daemon in a Wheezy system?

I remove all cec packages from my system, I try to install this way:

$ git clone git://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec.git
$ cd libcec/
# make -f debian/rules binary
dh  binary --parallel
   dh_testdir -O--parallel
   dh_auto_configure -O--parallel
   dh_auto_build -O--parallel
   dh_auto_test -O--parallel
   dh_testroot -O--parallel
   dh_prep -O--parallel
   dh_installdirs -O--parallel
   dh_auto_install -O--parallel
   dh_install -O--parallel
cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp/usr/include': No such file or directory
dh_install: cp -a debian/tmp/usr/include debian/libcec-dev//usr/
returned exit code 1
make: *** [binary] Error 2

The make commands fails, how did you compile it?

Thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano