[mythtv-users] Suggestions for a partition structure

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Oct 21 19:34:55 UTC 2013

>  Putting your database on the same disk as your
> recordings is already highly advised against.  Putting it as a mirrored
> partition on a pair of recording disks would only exacerbate the issue.

What issue is that.  I have been running my system this way for years
with no issues recording up to  5 HD streams concurrently,
commflagging 2 concurrently, and playback on several frontends.  I
intend on someday dropping in an SSD for OS/DB, but what I have works
fine and I get the benefit of very fast reads against the DB due to
there being 3 mirrors... at the cost of slower writes (though it
doesn't write nearly as much as it reads)