[mythtv-users] 0.27 Problem: Mythcontext - Backend is online

Matthias lists at thyroff.net
Sun Oct 20 22:11:32 UTC 2013

Am 20.10.2013 21:47, schrieb Doug Lytle:
> Matthias wrote:
>> since upgrading to 0.27, I see an appearent problem from the backend.
>> Sometimes, quite often, while being in the recorded programs list, I see
>> a large message box popping up with a green checkmark "mythcontext:
>> backend is online".
> Networking issues.  Sounds like it's dropping off.  Network card failing?
>
> Doug

Hi Doug,

good point. I have two network cards inside the server, I will check
with the other one.

Without too much hope though: Problems startet precisely with the 0.27
upgrade; and it seems to be happening only with certain recordings.

Right now I have one of them: This one recording goes falling out of the
recorded list and back in (being marked with the little cross sign). I
was able to watch it, though, and all other current recordings are there
without making any problem, appearently, and I can stream HD content
across my home without any problem.

I do not have any other type of network problem either.

I rather think it might be something in the database, in the program
description, for example, which causes problems during parsing. I am
using tv_grab_eu_epgdata, and they seem to be changing things every now
and then which cause problems with encoding, right now it seems they
send UTF-8 again which is not parsed correctly, I do not see umlauts
displayed correctly, and maybe it is certain combination of codes which
cause this?

I maybe should check the mysql log...

I will try the network card, though, thanks for the suggestion.

Matthias