[mythtv-users] mythutil --notification

Andrew C. Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sun Oct 20 16:00:19 UTC 2013

On 20/10/2013 11:48 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 10/20/2013 09:31 AM, Andrew C. Stadt wrote:
> > My google fu seems to have failed me, I can't seem
>> to find any info on the options/specifications for this myth://,
>> don't suppose someone could direct me to some documentation?
>
> If you don't get an authoritative answer, I'd try this:
>
> myth://SomeStorageGroup@IpAddress:6543/FileNameInSomeStorageGroup
>
> Look at filename here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ProgramInfo_%28Myth_Protocol%29

Thanks Bill,

myth://Default@[ip]:6543/[filename.png] worked very nicely.  I had tried
'myth://[ip]:6543/[filename].png' and several variations but it never
seemed to work, even though it appears that the [Default] is optional.

What I'd really like to do is grab the profile image direct from
facebook/google+/etc... but don't see that happening in the near future

Thanks again,

Andrew.