[mythtv-users] file to flash

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 19:44:15 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/19/2013 01:08 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>>
>> I'm defiantly not a dev.
>>
>>> I also use Steppes 2.3, Mythtv 0.27 fixes, and hitting M, I get Jobs,
>>> not Job options, and only three choices from there, none of which are
>>> UserJobs.
>>

>> I'm on Steppes 2.3 as well, but I can't find just the "Jobs" choice.
>
> for me it is the last choice, so i go North once to highlight it.
>>
>> The following will only work if run on your backend and, it's a
>> bit of an experiment:
>>
>> Please run the following 3 commands (you might need to do:
>>   sudo apt-get install curl   if you don't already have it.)
>>

>> curl
>> localhost:6544/Myth/GetSetting\?Key=JobAllowUserJob4\&HostName=`hostname`
>> curl localhost:6544/Myth/GetSetting\?Key=JobAllowUserJob4
>> curl localhost:6544/Myth/GetSetting\?Key=UserJob4
>>

>> The output will be long lines, pastebin the it and
>> put a link to it here.
>>
>> --
>> Bill
>
> I did leave out the "UTC" that should have followed STARTTIME,
> everything else is verbatum ", /, and %, I do need the quotes, right?
> Also I do go into the BE as opposed to using mythweb, so it is getting
> restarted. I'll fix the UTC and then look into the curl
>
> Daryl

I installed curl but I can't read from curl, see below

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ sudo apt-get install curl
[sudo] password for daryl:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  curl
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 16 not upgraded.
Need to get 138 kB of archives.
After this operation, 352 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates/main curl
amd64 7.22.0-3ubuntu4.3 [138 kB]
Fetched 138 kB in 0s (375 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package curl.
(Reading database ... 322715 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking curl (from .../curl_7.22.0-3ubuntu4.3_amd64.deb) ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Setting up curl (7.22.0-3ubuntu4.3) ...
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ pastebinit  curl
Unable to read from: curl
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ pastebinit curl
localhost:6544/Myth/GetSetting\?Key=JobAllowUserJob4\&HostName=`hostname`
Unable to read from: curl
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$

I also installed 16 updates that presented themselves after installing curl.

Daryl