[mythtv-users] diagnosing HDHome Run Prime zero byte recordings

David Linville dlinvill at networksdown.com
Fri Oct 18 13:55:23 UTC 2013

It's not so just the encryption but also the authorization values.  They
can change show to show.

Here is an example of a channel that returns zero byte recordings.  It is
unencrypted  but set to copyonce.  The cgms value changes show by show on
this channel.  So before I moved this onto a clear QAM hdhomerun the shows
would sometimes record zero bytes and sometimes give me 1-2 minutes of show.

vch=26 name=USA auth=subscribed cci=none cgms=protected-copyonce

This is the SD USA basic cable channel that was previously analog and
switched to digital.  My QAM TV can tune this channel as digital 26.  My
QAM hdhomerun will record all day once I get the QAM mapping right.  My
Prime hdhomerun will not record it.