[mythtv-users] file to flash

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 17 23:18:47 UTC 2013

> On 18 Oct 2013, at 8:33 am, "Daryl McDonald" <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>>> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Furthermore I'm hoping there is a better way to move the file than
>>> dragging and dropping, because each time I've done this I end up using
>>> 7.8 gb's of ran and 3.4 gb's of swap until I reboot...very sluggish!
>>
>> I've used a custom user job to do this.
>>
>> I have UserJob4 defined as:
>>
>> /usr/local/bin/videoexport "%DIR%/%FILE%" "%TITLE%" "%STARTTIME%" "%SUBTITLE%"
>>
>> Where the videoexport script is:
>>
>> ---
>> #!/bin/sh
>> set -e;
>> echo $@ >> /tmp/videoexport.log
>> OUTNAME="$3"
>> if test -d /var/autofs/misc/innotab/LLN/MOVIE/ ; then
>>    CONVERTER=/usr/local/bin/toinnotab.sh
>>    TARGET="/var/autofs/misc/innotab/LLN/MOVIE"
>>    OUTNAME="$2"
>> elif test -d /var/autofs/misc/centon/video/ ; then
>>    CONVERTER=/usr/local/bin/tomp4.sh
>>    TARGET="/var/autofs/misc/centon/video/$2"
>> elif test -d /var/autofs/misc/n900/mythtv/ ; then
>>    CONVERTER=/usr/local/bin/ton900mp4.sh
>>    TARGET="/var/autofs/misc/n900/mythtv/$2"
>> elif test -d /var/autofs/misc/n97/Videos/ ; then
>>    CONVERTER=/usr/local/bin/ton97mp4.sh
>>    TARGET="/var/autofs/misc/n97/Videos/mythtv/$2"
>> fi
>> if test -z "${CONVERTER}" -o \! -x ${CONVERTER} ; then
>>    echo "Cannot run converter: ${CONVERTER}"
>>    exit 0
>> fi
>> mkdir -p "$TARGET"
>> cd "$TARGET"
>> if test -n "$4" ; then
>>    OUTNAME="${OUTNAME} - $4"
>> fi
>> SAFEOUTNAME=`echo "${OUTNAME}" | tr -c -d 'a-zA-Z0-9\040()~#!@$_-'`
>> ${CONVERTER} "$1" "${SAFEOUTNAME}"
>> ---
>>
>> It just looks for various automountable file systems and the first one
>> it finds is considered the target device, under the assumption that
>> only one will be there, and then it just calls an appropriate video
>> converter script for that device.
>>
>> All I have to do is insert the media, then execute the user job on the
>> recording I want, then remove the media when it's done.
>>
>> Eric
>
> Transcoding is now working, but I'm having trouble with this UserJob.
> I pasted this script into my "/usr/local/bin" directory, opened the BE
> and typed "videoexport" beside UserJob#4, and
> "/usr/local/bin/videoexport" in the command field, rebooted the BE,
> and went to the FE and could not find "videoexport" among the Jobs in
> the menu dropdown. What did I miss?
>
> Daryl
[Mark] note that there is a checkbox that needs to be enabled to allow the jobs to be run. It is on screen 8 of 'general' of the mythtv-setup or about two screens prior to the screen where you enter the script location and parameters. If there are no descriptions for your user jobs it says 'allow user job 1' etc but if you have entered a description it will use that instead. Bottom right quarter of screen 8.