[mythtv-users] file to flash

ktmom Laughlin laughlin_jb at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 16 22:34:15 UTC 2013

> Ok so after I edit the videoexport script into the /usr/local/bin
> directory, I put   /usr/local/bin/videoexport "%DIR%/%FILE%" "%TITLE%"
> "%STARTTIME%" "%SUBTITLE%" into the BE general>set-up>user jobs page
> and when I want to cut ads I open a terminal and enter the command
> substituting appropriate values?
>
> Daryl

 Maybe this just a misunderstanding regarding how a user job works?  After you define the user job in the back end, you call it from the front end.  In the recording list, with a recording selected, bring up the menu (m on a keyboard or the menu button on the remote).  Toward the bottom of the menu that pops up, is an entry 'Job Options'.  Select it and you will be presented with a list of available user jobs, using the human readable name you entered into the backend when you set it up.

Beth