[mythtv-users] file to flash

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 20:51:56 UTC 2013

On 10/16/2013 03:35 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Ok so after I edit the videoexport script into the /usr/local/bin
> directory, I put   /usr/local/bin/videoexport "%DIR%/%FILE%" "%TITLE%"
> "%STARTTIME%" "%SUBTITLE%" into the BE general>set-up>user jobs page
 > and when I want to cut ads I open a terminal and enter the command
 > substituting appropriate values?

You can. But the whole intent is to let the user job do that for you.
I was addressing your comment about running the command yourself and
including the %s in it.

Remember this one: mythbackend --setverbose system

If your User Job is setup, then when the backend runs it, you'll
see the actual command that's being executed in your backend log
file.

After setting everything up, you did update an existing recording
rule and tell it to run your new User Job.

As for cutting ads, that's in the other thread.

--
Bill