[mythtv-users] Ad removal

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 20:17:13 UTC 2013

Greetings Mythizens, looking at the User Job Wiki I'm wondering if the
Remove commercials script there would effectively get rid of ads for
movies I want to keep and/or files I want to push to a flash drive?
Initially it seemed I needed to transcode them but the format they're
in is playable by VLC and my daughter's smart TV. Plus I haven't had
any success transcoding so far.
I want to save Great movies without ads in Mythtv and occasionally be
able to take certain files to my daughter's when we watch the
grandkids. So is transcoding really necessary?

Daryl