[mythtv-users] Can't simultaneously record two programs with 3 (or 4) available tuners v2

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Oct 16 02:09:05 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
> OK, if I can stay awake, I'll try it after the kids are in bed.

Based on your descriptions, I'm guessing you never configured the
Comcast channels and that all the recordings you've done to date have
been with the antenna.  You have three digital tuners, of which you
had configured two, but you started this thread saying that only one
at a time was working.  The broadcast tuner is a lot easier to set up
since the mapping between channel and frequency is well known.  With
cable, this information isn't known and must be determined at each
individual service area.  If you skipped this step, then MythTV won't
know which channels correspond to which frequencies/program-ids and
won't be using your Comcast tuners.

Eric