[mythtv-users] Can't simultaneously record two programs with 3 (or 4) available tuners v2

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Oct 15 15:44:38 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
> Well, if he defined the tuner as one device and linux switches it to a
> different one it would explain why he only has one tuner available.

No, it wouldn't.  In that situation, MythTV would either record the
wrong program or have a recording failure due to failure to tune a
channel.  It would not cause a schedule conflict.

> My basic approach is fix big problems first, medium second, and small last.

The big problem is that he hasn't configured all of his tuners.

>  Another biggie is
> what’s available on his cable connection, I thought comcast was dickish
> about encrypting everything so maybe there isn’t anything to record from the
> cable and hence a question there.

Which is precisely why I asked about how many channels are configured
for each video source.

Eric