[mythtv-users] Can't simultaneously record two programs with 3 (or 4) available tuners v2

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Oct 15 03:40:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
> 2. Capture Cards
>   [ DVB:/dev/dub/adapter0/frontend0 ]
>      Samsung S5H1409  QAM/8VSB  Frontend Subtype:  ATSC
>         (used in the Hauppage WinTV-HVR-1800)
>   [ DVB:/dev/dub/adapter1/frontend0 ]
>      Samsung S5H1411  QAM/8VSB  Frontend Subtype:  ATSC
>         (used in the Hauppage WinTV-HVR-2550)

I don't think that's enough.  I've never used an HVR-2550, but I think
you need to create a second configuration for the 2550.  You should
have a /dev/dub/adapter2/frontend0 which is currently unavailable to
MythTV since you haven't configured it.

Here, "Capture Cards" is a bit of a misnomer.  It's really tuners.
Since this card has two tuners, you need to have two entries for it,
even though it is physically one card.

Do you actually still get analog channels?  If you do and if you want
to record them, you would need to set up additional capture cards for
the analog tuners as well.  For now, I'd skip that and just focus on
getting the digital tuners working.

Eric