[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR questions

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Oct 14 15:44:47 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Stephen Worthington" <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>

> >And that's patently ridiculous: how often are tuners *actually*
> >changed on production machines? Every 3 or 4 years?
>
> That depends on your situation - mine have never been stable so far
> for more than two years, due to changing technology and hardware
> failures. My mother's box has been more stable - it is probably three
> years now since I added her third DVB-T tuner.

Even so: the purpose for this particular feature (the only use case,
so far as I can see) is "this recording looks crappy; which tuner is
suddenly having a problem".  That's a "what tuner was being used last week"
question, by and large; it's clear that if you change tuners, the old
data won't mean anything, but since I can't see that anyone would *care*...

Cheers,
-- jra