[mythtv-users] Can't simultaneously record two programs with 3 (or 4) available tuners

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Oct 14 12:09:12 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-13, at 11:10 PM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:

> the first tuner card is the Hauppage HVR-2250 (connected to CATV) and
> the second tuner card is the Hauppage HVR-1800 (connected to Antenna).
> I _DO_ have a subscription to "schedulesdirect.org", and
> I am reasonably confident (but not certain) that I have the two inputs configured as well as the separate SchedulesDirect selections made for each card.

Potentially dumb question here but how many capture cards do you have configured? It should be three: one for the 1800 and two for the 2250. You probably have it right but just checking.

Also, how are you dealing with the inconsistent device names? Sometimes the kernel will "find" the 1800 first and make it video/adaptor 0 and give 1 & 2 to the 2250 while other times the 2250 will get 0 & 1 and the 1800 will be 2. The standard way to handle it with your hardware is to pass the 2250 driver an adapter_nr=7 option so its tuners will always be numbered 7 & 8 leaving 0 for the 1800 card. I doubt this would deal with your simultaneous recording problem but it's good myth hygiene.

Could you put a backend log file on pastebin or somewhere? The BE is pretty chatty about tuner layout and inconsistencies and that could answer a lot of questions with minimal back and forth.

- George