[mythtv-users] mysql / mythbackend running at 100%+ CPU on 0.24.3-fixes

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Mon Oct 14 07:07:58 UTC 2013

On 14 October 2013 15:45, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Paul <dazzle at edazzle.net> wrote:
>
>>  it is possible that your oldrecorded table (used to maintain history)
>>>>

>> I have cleared it out a bit and now have 267 entries in the oldrecorded
>> table and still experiencing the same slow downs.
>>

>>  I believe that moving from the unsupported 0.24 to the current 0.27
>>>>

>> I am, at the moment, not wishing to upgrade as I have (had?) a very
>> stable set-up
>>

>>  but the Atom is a slow CPU, and I doubt you are going to be entirely
>>>>

>> I've been running this set-up for about 2 years and have never had slow
>> down problems like this before. I compile from source and use Atom specific
>> optimizations, plus the latest NVidia drivers have improved the performance
>> of the ION massively.
>>
>> thanks for the reply and info though.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> You might try tweaking your mysql tuning. In particular, increasing the
> temp table size made a big difference for me (but I have 8 GB memory to
> play with...) Take a look at the mysql tuning page:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Tune_MySQL
>
> Karl

Sounds like the mysql on ext4 with barriers enabled problem,

This has been mentioned on list before personally I just reverted my OS
partition to ext3 or can also be resolved with mysql tuning

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1313834&page=2 or as mentioned
above in the mysql tuning wiki page

Cheers,

Anthony