[mythtv-users] Solved Re: How do I get full frame rate?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Oct 13 22:02:58 UTC 2013

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 10:50:19 -0700, you wrote:

>(sorry for the duplicate, I hit reply instead of reply list)
>
>I think I have solved the problem.
>Somehow in the ordeal (and it was an ordeal) of getting the NVIDIA proprietary drivers installed, my default desktop got changed
>from "Gnome fall-back no effects" to "Gnome fall-back". Going back to no effects has restored smooth playback.
>I did some more video captures, and verified no doubled frames, and no skipped frames on 720P or 1080i. I have also turned on
>Temporal 2x deinterlacing. From my brief test it looked better than Advanced when single framing the cameras video.

I should have thought of that one - for a long time you had to put an
option in xorg.conf to disable Composite, due to problems like this.
Your Gnome effects problem sounds like a very similar thing.

I really appreciate having fairly up-to-date Nvidia packages in
Mythbuntu - I have also struggled with the Nvidia install (and worse,
uninstall) process in the past.