[mythtv-users] Lossless Mythtranscode in 0.27 (was Lossless Mythtranscode in 0.26)

jlistspam jlistspam at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 19:49:44 UTC 2013

On 10/9/2013 8:49 AM, Preston Crow wrote:
> On 10/09/13 08:49, Ian Evans wrote:
>> Checked several of my losslessly transcoded shows done with .27-fixes
>> and I definitely have the "quiet for a few seconds at the beginning.
>> The playback seems to jitter for a second and then the sound returns.
>>
>> Odlly, though, it doesn't seem to happen to every file. Even the same
>> show, recorded on the same channel may have it happen one time and
>> not the next.
>>

> I've seen the same thing, often for up to 15 seconds or so.  If I skip
> back, the sound is there; it just doesn't play if I start from the
> beginning.
>
> I haven't observed any problems from cuts other than "cut to beginning."

The tickets for the "silence at the beginning" issue are 11213 and
11858.  There are two tickets, I think, because of different audio
formats in the files.  The priority is marked as minor.  And it looks
like the developers are waiting to see if it is still broken in .27.  So
if someone with .27 wants to update a ticket that is still broken, and
information on the file types (format of video and audio), that would
probably help.

John

John